Sunday, January 25, 2015

Twenty Four - Happy Birthday Tricia!

As mentioned yesterday, our trip to the zoo was prompted by the birthday celebrations of the beautiful Tricia the elephant. A long time resident of the Perth Zoo, Tricia turned 58 yesterday and to celebrate the zoo docents made a pretty darn magnificent elephant cake packed full of fruit and bran and other things I assume elephants find delicious. Ever the kindly matriarch, Tricia let her young friend Permai both start digging into the cake first AND give it a good smash up later on.
 
Now that is a happy elephant!! For more photos of Tricia's big day check out Perth Daily Photo :)

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful detail of the elephant's eye in the first photo. And o what an appetite depicted in that last one. Looks like a fun day for all, including photographers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detail-pic of the Birthday-Elephant! As the last one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia is a sweetheart to share her cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Aimee, I'm sure the elephants had great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent close up of Permai's eye Aimee, all of a sudden I don't feel so wrinkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the mouthful Tricia is trying to gobble up there. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo is magnificent! Elephants are such wonderful creatures. Happy Birthday to Tricia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your photos for the day, Aimee, and I do agree with your Mom -- suddenly I don't feel so wrinkly either!!! What a fun, great start for my new day in Oregon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait? What? I think I heard her say, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing! In one gulp!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos - what a gorgeous elephant! This looks like such a lovely day out. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blooming marvellous! I love elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet that she shared her cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that last pic! Looks she is smiling the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, this is the only series of photos of an elephant birthday that I have seen today! It must have been a remarkable event to see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very happy looking elephant in your photo. Love your first photo of Tricia. BTW, thank you so much for joining my blog. Please stop by often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Tricias eye - looks like mine in the morning :) Loving the blog :) x x

    ReplyDelete