Sunday, July 5, 2015

124 - Love is Love


Generally, I don't get too involved in politics. In fact before our current leaders came in, I'd have to say I didn't really pay attention at all. Which is bad I know. Worse is that the main reason I'm aware now is that I dislike oh so much of what they do. There are a plethora of reasons why I don't like Tony Abbott. One of these is his stance on marriage equality. I simply don't understand why I should be allowed to marry the person I love (if I ever find him!!), but people in my family, or my friends can not. Today in Perth around 5,000 people (and numerous pets) gathered, in the rain, to rally for the opportunity for a free vote on the issue of marriage equality. These rallies have been held all around Australia and we can only hope that eventually the message will get through. Love is love.

18 comments:

  1. Totally in agreement, love is love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND a pretty simple message too. Can't we all just get along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes indeed!! Love is love and I learned that many years ago when I married and was living in Texas -- we had to go to California to be married because it wasn't allowed in Texas! Fortunately, things have changed there over the years!! Hope you have a great new week, Aimee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is love, so simple! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Nice colorful rainbow shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see the rally. But disappointed that Australia, of all countries is lagging behind. Doesn't TA have a gay sister or other close relative? You'd think that would make him more receptive. Moron!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things will change despite the politicians!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you you and your mother agrees on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, love is love and there's a worldwide wave so it won't be long...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ireland very Catholic country just voted marriage for all.
    and not too important event
    there is hope

    ReplyDelete
  12. True, a great and needed statement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Australia catches up with the modern world soon, Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tony Abbott strikes me as very much like our prime minister Harper, so I'm sure I'd despise him just as much as I do ours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see that your Mom has a similar post today. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. visiting from your mommies blog! and yes, i totally agree! love all your colorful photos and that cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A strong posting! I like that!

    ReplyDelete