Saturday, August 22, 2015

136 - Busy Bees

Lately I've been joking about how my back garden is more weeds than proper plants. And it is. Definitely needs a bit of work to get it back to its normal state. But the front garden is fairing much better with my neglect and this week the little hedge of Geraldton Wax I have going by my front windows has burst forth into a glorious mass of colour. And with that comes bees. And with bees comes me following them around with my camera. I can't help myself! I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!
 

14 comments:

  1. I always follow the bees, too.
    Can't go wrong sticking with the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bees are clever and very smart, following them is the thing to do! As for weeds, and wildflowers popping up I keep them all! Well nearly all, some weeds have to go, but we have enough land that I can grow many, and that is where I have the best critter and insect action ever! Especially my butterfly area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, love those bees!! Great shots for the day, Aimee!! Hope you're enjoying a peaceful, happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific macros, and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Aimee. The Geraldton wax flowers are so beautiful, I've been wanting to get some for my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phenomenal shots! Love the colors and the details...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm exactly the same. No bee is safe from my lens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to see a lot of bees! They need a hand these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots, that first one is stunning! I love Bees, they always brighten up the garden! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots! Bees are not always the easiest to photograph as they just don't stay still for very long!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A grand photo of the bee. So much detail. And yes. Weeds have a habit of stewing a storm in winter ready to burst out in spring. It must be nearly spring because they're bursting already in my world.

    ReplyDelete