Wednesday, March 16, 2016

17/2016 - Sculptures by the Sea - Manscape, Der Traktor and Sea Sponges

 
As a person who enjoys textures, Manscape by WA artist Tony Davis is a favourite. I was pretty pleased to catch a shot without any children clambering around inside of this one (although that does also add a certain charm!)
You just know that the beautiful bright colours of Austrian artist Markus Hoder's Der Traktor would draw me like a magnet! Apparently this piece is in response to the WA mining industry, although I'm not quite sure what it's trying to say?
I couldn't resist taking a quick snap of this little munchkin as she gazed up at Karen Macher Nesta's Seas Sponges. The next moment she started throwing sand at them... I guess thats what she thought of that!'

6 comments:

  1. That last shot and sculpture appeals the most to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with William, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so wonderful, Aimee! The first one is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which one I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooove the way you look at the world around you Aimee, beautiful images, you have a wonderfully artistic eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great documentary. Great images from a great event.
    It shows your talent for nice details.
    And YES, I too like the last image very much.

    HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete